An oscilloscope is an instrument used to measure or scan electrical waveforms and display the readings on the LCD screen. Before, oscilloscopes were analog devices, but now oscilloscopes are digital with significant advancement in technology. Best 100MHz oscilloscopes are ideal for entry-level for both beginners and hobbyists to troubleshoot their electronic circuit operations.
Oscilloscopes are used in a wide range of applications to examine, calculate and track voltage changes over time. Some of the areas that o-scopes are applied include medicine, research, engineering, automobile, and telecommunications. Most digital oscilloscopes are connected to computers to process and see the waveforms.
The 100MHz oscilloscopes are many on the market, and choosing the best is a bit challenging. There are oscilloscopes with a low budget but have exceptional features to meet the users’ needs and those with a high budget with wide applications. This guide will help you select the best 100MHz oscilloscopes without much sifting between the many available options.
Top Picks : 5 Best 100MHz Oscilloscope
Last update on 2022-05-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Top 5 Best 100MHz Oscilloscope Reviews- 2022
1. YEAPOOK ADS1013D Handheld Digital Tablet Oscilloscope
Are you looking for a user-friendly 100MHz oscilloscope? Search none other than YEAPOOK ADS1013D Handheld Digital Tablet oscilloscope. The device has easy-to-use buttons, making it the best beginner oscilloscope. It has two channels and a bandwidth of 100MHz to allow you to detect as many signals as possible. The o-scope’s real-time sampling rate is 1 GSa/s, much higher than that of other 100MHz oscilloscopes. Plus, it has a sample memory depth of 240kbit. The powerful waveform manager and USB export enable you to connect the device to any PC or laptop. The unit is ultra-light with a slim design; hence easy to carry wherever you are going.
The device is equipped with a built-in high-voltage protection module capable of withstanding a continuous voltage of up to 400V. The unit has three trigger modes that allow it to capture an instantaneous waveform. It has a 7-inch color LCD with a high resolution of 800 * 480 to quickly view the readings. The Lissajous figures display function is ideal in determining the frequency, amplitude, and phase contrast of two signal groups. The FFT analysis function helps to analyze the signal harmonic components. The device has a built-in 6000MAH lithium battery that lasts for four hours on a full charge, allowing you to complete all your operations.
- Professional design: the product is equipped with 240k bit memory depth, 2 channels, and 100MHz bandwidth. It also has a 7″ color display with a resolution of 800 x 480 to ensure you view the results quickly.
- Protection module: The oscilloscope has a protection module that ensures it can withstand continuous high voltage of up to 400V, unlike other scopes, which tend to burn when exposed to constant voltage.
- Versatility: the portable oscilloscope can be used for multiple applications, including academic experiments, engineering, and designing electronic devices, among others.
- Additional features: it comes with a 6000mAh lithium battery which allows you to work for up to four hours. It supports USB—additionally, a waveform manager with saving and screenshot feature.
- It is designed with 2 channels, 100MHz analog bandwidth
- It comes with built-in protection module
- It has 3 triggers modes to capture waveforms easily
- Stores up to 1000 waveform and 1000 screenshots
- It is equipped with a 6000mAh lithium battery
- It has a 7″ display with 800 x 480 resolution to ensure accurate results
- It supports USB
- Low bandwidth
- Not durable
2. Siglent Technologies SDS1102CML+ Digital Storage Oscilloscope
Siglent Technologies SDS1102CML is the improved version of SDS1102CML and is one of the low-cost 100MHz oscilloscopes markets today. The device has two channels used in various electronic applications like an assembly line, product design, electrical engineering education & training, industrial control & measuring electrical circuit function test, and repair & servicing. With a bandwidth of 50MHz to 150MHz, you will be able to detect a lot of signals. The 7-inch color TFT-LCD display allows you to read the signals efficiently. Plus, it supports USB and SCPI control.
The oscilloscope has a sampling rate of 500 MSa/s~1 GSa/s and a memory depth of 32 Kpts~2 Mpts. It has a six-digit hardware frequency counter with a real-time counting display and features 32 auto measurements’ types and five parameters. Besides, it has a zoom, math and pass/fail functions. The USB host enables you to connect the device to any computer or laptop with ease. It also features embedded 12 languages, online help, one key storing, and one key printing to use the device conveniently. The unit has a unique digital filter and data record function coupled with waveform record and playback function.
- 7″ LCD: the digital oscilloscope is equipped with a 7″ LCD to detect separate signals clearly for accurate results.
- Sample rate: the product has a sample rate ranging between 500 Msa/s to 1 Gsa/s with 32 Kpts record length. Unlike other scopes, this device has a more standard record length and sample rate.
- Versatility: thanks to the 32 types of auto measurements and math functions allowing you to use it for multiple applications
- 50- 150 MHz range: it is designed with a 50-150 MHz waveform playback and record function to enable you to keep track of the previous signals.
- Auto mode helps beginners to get accurate results
- It comes with a 7″ LCD for precise data
- Suitable for various applications
- It is equipped with 16 channels
- Zoom button
- 32 types of auto measurements and math function.
- Not suitable for beginners
- It produces noisy signals
3. Hantek DSO5102P Digital Storage Oscilloscope
The oscilloscope is one of the best Hantek brands on the market. It has remarkable and user-friendly features. For instance, the oscilloscope has a bandwidth of 100MHz and a real-time sampling rate of 1GSa/s, allowing you to identify signals more easily and quickly. The device comes with several trigger modes, such as distance and edge, which are selectable, while you can use video, slop, and overtime modes when you see it appropriate. Besides, the standard USB host and device connectivity feature enable you to easily connect the unit to any computer or laptop.
Hantek DSO5102P Digital Storage Oscilloscope has a large 7-inch color LCD for displaying signals more quickly and efficiently. Plus, it has a record length of up to 40K and multiple automatic measurements. The unit offers software for PC real-time analysis and has four math functions, which include FFTs standard. The device is relatively intuitive; hence ideal for beginners since it is easy to set up the scope.
- 7 inches LCD: with this model, you can conveniently view the signals from a large display. Plus, it has a record length of about 40K.
- 100MHz bandwidth and 1Gsa/s sample rate: thanks to these features since the sampling rate remains high to detect signals easily and readily.
- Additional features: the oscilloscope comes with extra features like trigger modes, USB host, four math functions, including FFTs and automatic measurements.
- Perfect for beginners: it is considered ideal for beginners because the configuration process is easy. With this device, you can measure the signals efficiently.
- It comes with 4 maths functions and multiple automatic measurements
- It designed with a 7″ LCD with 40K record length
- Easy to configure
- Lightweight and compact to carry around
- It comes with additional functions such as USB host and trigger modes
- It has four math functions
- Sometimes the volts per division knobs skip.
- The power button tend to be flimsy
- It takes up to 10 seconds to start up
4. Hantek DSO5102P USB Storage Oscilloscope
The device is one of the best budget oscilloscopes on the market, and it is easy to use. The o-scope has a multi-function button design with clear button division that makes the device more convenient to work with. The unit can store over 1000 waveforms data, and you can upgrade the system via the USB port. It is equipped with 32 different waveform parameters automatic measurement that helps to achieve more accurate measurements. Also, the device has a large 7-inch 64K color LCD with 800 * 480 resolutions to view the measured alternating current like sawtooth, square, sine, and triangular waves.
Hantek DSO5102P has two channels and a real-time sample rate of 1GSa/s for easy signal identification. Plus, a record length of 40K and four math functions, including FFTs standard. It offers five trigger modes, including edge, width, video, slop, and overtime, and it comes with software for PC real-time analysis. The device has a folding handle design for easy storage and carrying while moving from one place to another.
- Automatic measurement function: it has 32 auto measurement functions to provide cursor, manual, and tracking test functions to achieve accurate results.
- 7 inches display: the model comes equipped with a 7″ color display with 800 x 480 resolutions to ensure you view the signals, including square, sine, sawtooth, and triangular waves.
- Easy and portable: thanks to its USB and multi-function knob designs to enhance your work efficiency. Additionally, it comes with a foldable handle design for storage and carrying it around conveniently.
- U disk storage: with this oscilloscope, you can store up to 1000 waveforms data. Besides, it has a USB host to allow the transfer of information from the device to a computer.
- Store up to 100- waveforms
- It comes with 32 multiple auto measurement functions
- It has a large display for clear viewing.’
- Easy to use
- It supports USB
- Convenient to store and carry around
- It only has 2 channels
5. Tablet Oscilloscope, Digital Touch Screen Storage Oscilloscope Kit
The oscilloscope has incredible features that exceed your expectations. The unit is one of the inexpensive oscilloscopes on the market, and it is easy to use. It is equipped with an efficient one-button that allows you to click just once for waveform saving and screenshots. The device has a built-in 1GB storage space to save up to 1000 waveform data sets and 1000 screenshots. The powerful waveform image manager helps to support viewing, browsing, turning pages, viewing detailed information, zooming, deleting, and navigating waveforms. Besides, the unit has two channels with a real-time sampling rate of 1GSa/s. Also, it has a bandwidth of 100MHz and a storage depth of 240Kbit.
The Tablet Oscilloscope features an intelligent anti-burn that allows it to withstand up to 400V. It has up to 12 parameters measurements, including VP, VPP, Vmin, Vmax, Vavg, Vrms, frequent, duty, duty-, time, time-, and period. Plus, the device is equipped with a USB interface to enable a computer connection to share its screenshots with the PC for secondary analysis. The fully matched 7-inch LCD color display with 800 * 480 resolutions shows bright colors and high contrast. The unit comes with a 6000MAH rechargeable lithium battery that lasts for four hours after fully charged. Also, the device has trigger modes: rising edge and falling edge, and it is ultra-thin and lightweight, making it highly portable. The Lissajous graphical display function is used to determine the frequency, amplitude, and phase contrast of two signal sets, while the FFT display helps to analyze the signal spectral properties.
- One-button automatic device: the oscilloscope has a one-button function to allow you to screenshot and save waveforms. It also has a waveform image manager, which handles zooming in and out, browsing, turning pages, navigating waveforms, and viewing information.
- Anti-protection: the product features an anti-protection cover to withstand a continuous voltage up to 400V, unlike other scopes.
- 7 inch LCD: it is designed with an LCD with a resolution of 800* 480 to allow you to view the information quickly and accurately.
- Additional features: it has a lithium battery that can be used for 4 hours. It has built-in storage space to store 1000 screenshots of signal waves. Plus, it has a USB host to support data transfer.
- It comes with a USB host to allow the transfer of data
- Stores up to 1000 waveforms
- It had screenshot and saving features
- It is designed with a 7″ LCD
- It is equipped with a 6000mAh lithium battery
- Not meant for beginners
The first thing to consider when buying a 100MHz oscilloscope is its bandwidth. Bandwidth is the maximum frequency of the signal that the device can capture. You need to ensure you buy an oscilloscope whose bandwidth is 5 times higher than the maximum frequency to be measured. It enables you to work comfortably and get accurate results.
It is necessary to determine what you intend to use the oscilloscope to choose either a 2 or 4 channel oscilloscope. However, with the 2or 4 channels device, it may not capture all the signals. If you want to use it for more advanced work, you can consider a mixed-signal oscilloscope. This channel has 2 to 4 analog channels plus 16 digital channels, making it great.
In a digital oscilloscope, captured sample points are stored in a memory. Before choosing a scope, you need to know how long you want to keep the data to pick the right size of the memory. For effective results, consider one with enough memory to handle your work.
It is also essential to look for the oscilloscope sampling rate. There are sample rates, i.e., real-time sampling (RTS) and Equivalent-time sampling. The device uses a sampling rate to reconstruct the signals. The type of signal you will measure will determine the activated mode. For ETS, it is perfect for repetitive signals, while the RTS works excellent for all signals. You need to make sure you purchase one with a sample rate that can handle your work.
Although most people overlook probes, it is also another vital feature that you need to consider. The probes should match or exceed the scope’s bandwidth. Ensure you choose a probe that will suit your needs
Resolution and accuracy
For accuracy results, oscilloscope resolution determines the accuracy of the signals. An oscilloscope with a high resolution has an accurate measurement of about 1% or more.
100MHz oscilloscopes are ideal for engineers since they are capable of detecting a lot of signals. These o-scopes are more superior compared to other oscilloscopes on the market. They also have a user-friendly interface and other outstanding features such as a colored display with high resolutions, making them ideal for various applications. You can use these 100MHz oscilloscopes in electronic engineering education, electronic product design, academic experiment, debugging & maintenance, industrial control & measuring, and electrical circuit function test.
Most oscilloscopes 100MHz are inexpensive, making them suitable for engineers who plan to acquire one with a low budget. When you want to purchase an oscilloscope, consider factors such as bandwidth, number of channels, sampling rate, rise time, screen quality, memory, accuracy & resolution, waveform update rate, triggering feature, and compatible probes. The above are among the best 100MHz oscilloscopes on the market, get one, and you will never regret it.